One of the most spectacular zoos of Latin America is undoubtedly the Guadalajara.
It is located in the Barranca de Huentitan and covers an area of almost 50 hectares where live more than two thousand animals of over 300 different species.
One of the biggest attractions of the park is "Masai Mara Safari" which recreates an African savannah of 8 green and leafy hectares with 18 free species. The visitors can approach prudently to meet these animals in something resembling their natural habitat.
Another service offered is the tour on scenic trains around the facilities.
The staff of the zoo cares for the education of kids and adults so they offer workshops, conferences summer courses and camps with the aim of linking the visitors with the environment.
Other unique attractions of this park are:
• Villa Australiana: where you can admire animals of this distant country.
• Komodo Reserve: home of the Komodo dragon.
• Nocturnario: native animals of the Barranca de Huentitan cohabit in nocturnal nature.
• Selva Tropical (rainforest): a recreation of it and inside is "Amazonia", where several squirrel monkeys roam free.
• Rancho Veterinario (Veterinary ranch): visitors can relate with pets and kids may play to be a "Vet for a day."
• Herpetario: where you can cross a river full of turtles and someone or other crocodile.
The zoo also has a covered auditorium with a capacity of 3 thousand spectators. Besides, you can enjoy good food, a show of sea lions and dolphins, and an area of rides.
Rates for the park: Adults $ 45 pesos, children $ 25 pesos.
Rates for the Zoo and Safari: Adults $ 65 pesos, children $ 35 pesos.
Opened: Wednesday to Sunday and holidays from 10:00 to 17:00 hrs
Location: 600 Paseo del Zoologico. Colonia Panoramica de Huentitlan
Web site: www.zooguadalajara.com.mx